A funeral service achieves an important goal, it recognizes that a life that was lived has come to an end. A funeral service is a time to reflect on the past while looking towards the future, and to celebrate our family members lives and reflect upon their accomplishments. Funerals are the medium by which we, as the living, begin the journey of learning how to live our lives without their presence. We understand that every individual and family has different needs and we are committed to providing each family we serve with the utmost care, respect, and professionalism. We are experienced in guiding families through the process of planning the type of service that best fits and celebrates the life of their family member.
Traditional Funeral Service – “Celebrating Life”
A Traditional Funeral Service includes a family or public viewing of the deceased at a visitation. The visitation can be held the night before the funeral service or an hour or two prior to the funeral service on the same day. Following the visitation would be a service or ceremony, either at the funeral home, church, or another location. The funeral service would be followed by burial of the casket.
A Traditional Funeral Service includes the following services:
Professional Services of the Funeral Director and Staff:
- The professional services of the funeral director and staff includes our response to the initial request for service, arrangement conference with family and responsible parties, arrangement of funeral service,
preparation and filing of necessary authorizations and permits, recording vital statistics, preparation and placement of obituary notice, and coordination with those providing other portions of the funeral.
- Transfer of deceased to funeral chapel
- Embalming and other preparation of the deceased (Minnesota state law requires embalming for certain circumstances. However, if a public visitation is arranged, embalming is needed as a company policy.)
- Visitation at the funeral home, church, or other location
- Funeral service at the funeral home, church, or other location
- Graveside service
- Use of funeral coach and vehicles
We encourage families to create personalized funeral services. We understand that every family we serve has different needs, and we strive to make each service a personal tribute to the life that has been lived. We are committed to helping each family create a special tribute to their family member that will honor a life well-lived.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service for your loved one:
- Writing a personalized obituary
- Incorporating pictures of your deceased family member into the memorial folder which we can create for the families
- Displaying photos of your family member with pictures frames or a photo collage
- Displaying personal memorabilia, such as awards, trophies, uniforms, or favorite pastime items
- Select flowers that were meaningful to your family member
- Incorporating special music or musicians in the funeral service
- Dove release, balloon release, or butterfly release at cemetery
- The writing of personal notes by family and friends to be shared at visitation or ceremony
- Playing a DVD slide show of your loved one’s life – we can assist you in creating this